|Fluffer. The Cat. Guard duty and Meow (food?)|
Anyway. The hose.
So I got the bugger, but it won't reach the shed and the vice- well, I could have undid it from the tap/faucet... Okay, just grab tools. Lots of pliers, wrenches, nippers, knife, ciggie, coffee.
Siddown. In the sun.
Undo the connection between the two hoses- [that's so it goes right around the house, only one tap to use then...]
The holes are next to the brass connection, so I undo the ring. The wrong way!
It worked its way down the hose, and not back away from it!
Well, I worked it, it really did not do it by itself. Bugger times two.
The job had unnaturally extended itself by half an hour over the initial budgeted 10 minutes.
I tried to wind the ring back with thew pliers (tight fit!), but then I was just twisting and putting in small cuts on the hose where a new leak could form...
I know- cut the hose beyond the leak! And then. Then- ah, still could not work the dead hose and the ring off the connector... Not enough to grab to twist apart...
Gas burner brought to bear to burn the rubber as the craft knife would not quite fit in the space between the connector and the ring to cut the rubber out, argh!
Burn you bastrd, burn. Scrape. Pull apart. Burn self. Scrape clean, try to join the bastrds together.
Restyle hose end and re-attach, three times, bevel hose end. Try again. Bevel hose end. Try again.
Done. Whew, and another hour of my specially expensive time fulfilled. Not.
|Bloody join. Ring on right wound right, not left and off the hose end...|