Monday, October 18, 2010

ABC- peoples stories- aka "Australian Story"

After reading a blog today, I was ever set up for a TV show.
Tonight I watched another heart touching story.

Another struggle over/with life's inequities.

A medal winning father lost to a young child, hopes achieved, and almost dashed.

It is not that I do not want to know about her life.
But that this battler had a hard life to a degree, losing her father when young, and getting through her latest battle- loss of a sibling just when she was at a peak of her career- while competing at the Athens Olympics. Her sibling lost in an accident as a young married father of two. Like my wife. Single automobile accident.

Like show business- the competition was still on- but how did she really get through that?

Coaches persuade you to.
Well, to give it great thought in a now or never situation, as it were.


The grieving can be used to motivate, or use you.


And then went on with the help of her family and friends to be a medal winner at the latest Commonwealth games. Watch out London!

Just another tear jerking experience for me maybe, but the kids let me alone enough tonight that after it finished, I was okay to bid them goodnight without a "loss of face"(?)... They have to catch me first- but I am thinking it will be easier as time goes on to show that side of me to them.


I have had that coaches' persuasion- from my wife's family and my family after losing my life partner-
that no matter what- 
life still has to/will /does go on, with or without you.

One of those in my large family circle gets through the loss of three immediate family members like -  hmm. 
Another inspiration. She can/does/has, like me. Let her show you


Almost, not every day, there is a reminder somewhere/somehow, and a catch in the throat or the wiping of the eye, of losses experienced.

For me, it is for what her kids cannot have, that we had for a little while our special person.
And what I have. Had.
A box of birthday or Valentine Day cards appear from a shelf. 
Someone says "She is so like Tarnia".
Our eldest finishing high school.
My in-ability to consider a new partner, maybe never again, haunts me. I am so selfish.
The girls at the edge- precipice- of menarche.
The shoe box (yes a box of ) photos gets dragged from it's hidey hole (not!).
Frazzlerdazzler getting good grades to impress the young teachers in the math and science classes - !?! And wanting an electric shaver at 15.
Catching up with long lost college friends. To tell the story again.
Sad Australian Stories.

Being somewhat geeky and a loner, I can get so Marvined I can gloss over/bumble through the day with a to-do-list longer than the Australian National Anthem- something I don't understand but will stumble through the best I can.








No comments:

Post a Comment