For four people.
- eggs: 4
- milk: 1 cup
- tomato: 1, sliced
- bacon: 400gm, diced
- garlic: 1 clove, mashed or teaspoon of minced garlic
- onion: 1, diced
- pepper: fresh ground
- cheese: shredded/grated, 1/2 to 1 cup, parmesan or tasty
- Pastry : plain flour: 1/2 cup
- :butter/margarine: 1/8 cup
- :salt: pinch to 1/4 teaspoon
- :baking soda : 1/4 teaspoon
- :water, 1/8 to 1/4 cup
- potato: medium/large, skin on
- oilive oil
|Sauted Pepper, Garlic and Onions|
|Tarn's two piece cooking device|
- Pastry- Sift flour salt baking soda into mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix together
- Add water until a nice soft dough
- Roll out flat and drape into baking dish and put into refrigerator
- Sauté bacon, onion, garlic and pepper in fry pan.
- Into a mixing bowl crack eggs and beat in milk, spices then add cheese
- When cooked enough, put bacon and veges into mixture.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and pour in mixture, trim pastry
PlaceArrange tomato slices on top
- Place potato in a baking tray/dish, cover with some oil and salt
- Bake all together in moderate oven (180°Celsius) for about an hour
- Baste potato every so often for a nice crispy tate!