With one so favourable comment- let me do another Tarn recipe, one that she says she got off her mum. I think after ten years I may have changed the basics, but the kids and their cousins and their aunts like it.
For 4 people slightly modified
- beef mince/ground: 500g/1 lb
- cabbage: quarter or to taste, shredded
- garlic clove: mashed or teaspoon+ minced
- onion: 1, diced
- carrot: 2, grated
- rice long grain: half cup
- pepper: fresh, good grind- half a teaspoon
- salt: quarter to full teaspoon, to taste
- curry powder: 2 to 4 teaspoon- to taste
- packet chicken noodle soup
- Heat some oil in big fry-pan with pepper
- Slowly fry onions with mashed clove garlic until soft
- Add beef and stir until browned
- Stir in the curry, soup mix, salt, carrots and rice and cabbage
- Add water to cover it all and bring to boil
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes with occasional stirring until rice cooked
Dish up with fresh bread or toast and butter/margarine. Son#2 likes Vegemite too...
Sometimes I add ground cumin, tumeric, cajun chilli, paprika and chilli sauce or tobasco just to spice it right up.
Leftovers good for snack on bread.