Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exciting- new kitchen appliance...

Today I haf goot nues, and I haf sum bat nues....

(First, please stand around before I notice you)...A bit more... A bit more.. okay the stack looks great.
Ah, hello? Hm, that person that said yesterday you could get that item is AWAY, so sorry.
But what about this slightly shop soiled item?
NO? I know there is no box, sorry. But there is a fitting for it here somewhere...
No, I cannot find the substitiute here... Oh you found it, yes, it's not quite what you want but at that price, its only a name after-all...
This other one? That last one? It is more expensive- and probably the same people make it too... Mmm, may not fit? Reduce it more? No, sorry. So that one will do?
Okay, thanks and bye bye.
Kerchink.

RRRgggghhh. Got it cheaper than the original and not a bad copy anyway. Next...

Bat Nues---

[I cannot remember a really handy plumber's name or number. He tipped me off a few years ago about a fitting that saved me HEAPS by still letting me DIM*. Bugger.]

First call goes to "PLEASE  LEA" and thunk!
Next call, 5 rings.....
Hi?
Yes. I need a replacement gas stove top plumbed in.
Ah well, I need to check the..
No, what about price first .
AH, um, no, I will have to see how it is to be put in...
No- it should slot straight in- you just check for leaks.
Um- well, it might take hours, alterations...
It really should slot straight in.
Yeah but...
Here's my number, call me and look at what has to be done so I can at least get a quote, no rush.
Okay.

Rrggghhh...

I will get a quote from two others as well, there    is     no      rush,
Gritted broken teeth, spit spit.

To be Continued...

My Tarn used to hate tradies.
I did not, even though they have pulled a coupla quickies on me- I.E. radiator filling cap left off at the filling station, the hot water gas system siphoning all the gas heater gas away so that Nothing was warm for a few days.... Well, to be fair, the second time they may have been misled. But they were still morons. Same with the third lot. Simple water dishwasher plumbing and I can still taste the thread compound ten years later. I can I tell you no-one else can- weird.

I really would put this stove top hobb plate thingo in myself, but it is a gas plumbing jobby, and I really cannot afford to lose the house because of a marvin type situation- this expert better do it efficiently as possible or I could be ranting for years....


*Do it myself

No comments:

Post a Comment