Sunday, August 15, 2010

hello-world


49, single. I made it to the year 2000, and then to 2010. Now.
When I was a child, I was always thinking I would be 39 by 2000. Not mathematically minded. Nor academic either. But I would be 39 years old.
Little did I know that by then I would be a professional – a geologist.  A sailor that loved the speedboardsailing thrill of powering along using nature.  A father. Of four. And a widower by the end of that year. Could communicate all over the world really cheaply, from my car if I wanted to as I sped through landscapes of desert, cities, seashores or even in the supermarket. “Where are you now Tarn, have you finished, can I meet you at the car park, soon?” Really like to do that now.
  I think of myself as pretty selfish, and grumpy, and seeing is believing. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment